Hope you’ve all had a bitching couple of weeks. I’m gonna endeavour to get back on track with these happy round-up posts because they make me smile and also Jasmin has started an awesome Happiness Link Up on her (brilliant) blog, and I WANNA BE IN WITH THE COOL KIDS.
Here’s what’s made the last two weeks ACE.
- Back To School- Get me a pair of Kickers, a mini Nike rucksack and a rolled up skirt because in April, I’M GOING BACK TO SCHOOL. I’ve enrolled in a Creative Writing course at the University of the Arts and I’m beyond excited. I’ve attempted to write stories and poems before (see this post here for evidence) but I struggle with structure, discipline and writing as a character and I’m hoping this course will just help to gently unlock the block in my head.
- A Weekend in Brum- Last weekend I went on a wee road trip with Becca to visit our chums who live up there for a last weekend of food and booze before they meet their new adopted children next week. We oohed and ahhed (OKAY FINE I CRIED) at the rooms they’ve prepared for their three (I know. THREE!) little ones and played games, drank all the prosecco and snuggled their pug, Minnie. Aren’t friends so wonderful?
- Joe Stilgoe and Claire Martin at St James Theatre- After returning from the Midlands I met Sam and we went down to St James Theatre to see these two fine jazz performers. Whilst her voice is good, I can’t genuinely say I’m the biggest fan of Claire Martin but Joe Stilgoe was, as ever, classy af, hilarious and such a brilliant performer. If you don’t have his latest album, New Songs for Old Souls download it right now, and thank me later. You’re welcome.
- These articles from Stylist- On Why Dating is Still Sexist and Feminist Porn. Both made me go YAAASSS. Excellent writing.
- Melbourne Planning- I’m off to Melbourne next month for three and a half weeks to visit my bestie and my family over there and I AM EXCITED. I have literally NO PLANS yet so if you have any Melbourne recommendations, hit me up all over the shop.
- This plate- I know. This Etsy delight is my belated Secret Santa present from Charley and I J’ADORE.
- Love Food Hate Waste Lunch- On Wednesday I was invited to Smiths of Smithfield for the launch of the new #MeatyIssues campaign from Love Food Hate Waste. The campaign aims to highlight how much beef we throw away each year (enough to make 30 MILLION burgers. That’s INSANE.) and to encourage people to use more unusual cuts of beef to prevent wastage. We observed an awesome butchery demonstration that demonstrated how much meat can be used and then were treated to a delicious lunch created from some of those cuts. Full post to follow!
- It’s Unknown Launch Party- On Wednesday night I sang karaoke with a twist- I belted out ‘Blame It On the Boogie’ in front of a clubload of people with the backing of a full gospel choir. No really. It’s called Gospeloke, and it’s one of the regular nights by interactive events and entertainment agency It’s Unknown. They have just launched their new website and we were invited down for the shindig to celebrate. Erica, Milly and I played musical bingo, played with the instant Instagram printer and drank all of the drinks. BEST. NIGHT. EVER.
- Vlog filming- On a RAGING hangover, I toddled off to meet my chum James to film a vlog to celebrate St Patrick’s day. It was beyond giggly. Yes I am wearing a beard.
- New beauty buys- I’ve been feeling like my face needs a bit of a shake-up so treated myself to some new products. The lipstick is Russian Roulette from Sleek, which I love for highly pigmented beauty bargains and it’s a LOVELY deep red no-shine honey boo-boo. Eyeshadow palette ‘Beyond Flawless’ by Revolution which I’m hoping will make a good everyday alternative to my NAKED palette because I can’t afford to replace that at the moment because lol poor. My hunt for a base that won’t make my copious freckles look too caked over continues and after a glowing report from Hannah Gale I splurged a bit and bought the Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue which is a kind of halfway point between a tinted moisturiser and a foundation. Paired with this new Strobe Cream from ProStudio I am hoping for perfect skin anyday now. Or just, ya know, to not look like a wrinkled elephant backside in the morning. HERE’S HOPING!
Have a totally bitching weekend you massive babes, I’m book clubbing, beer festivalling (pray for me) and singing in a musical improv show ‘Fringey Frollocks’. There’s still tickets available for the latter so if you want to come and watch me make a total tit of myself in front of a paying audience, NOW’S YA CHANCE!