A Tune for Tuesday
greetings fellow tuesday loathers!
on this grey and nipple-freezingly chilly Tues, let’s have a belter. This song would consistantly make my Top 5 Songs of all time, and here’s 5 reasons why.
1. The band share it’s name with a well-known canine musical theatre icon, and I just happen to have had a Wizard of Oz fetish my entire life.
2. THE CONGA BASED SWEET SWEET BEAT.
3. The blend of the marima and kalimba is just exquisite.
4. The bit before each chorus when the drums go ‘DOOF-DA-DOOF-DA-DOOFDOOFDOO’
5. It’s the best song you will hear all day with the word ‘Kilimanjaro’ in it.
Without further ado, turn your speakers up, and from the 1982 album Toto IV, here’s Toto with ‘Africa’.
Happy Tuesday folks! xxxx